Friday, June 7, 2013

The final leg - Chiang Rai!

Hello friends, this is Jihye (really this time)

I hope you guys are all doing well back at home. We muss you guys tons but at the same time, we don't want to leave Thailand just yet! It's been amazing so far and we're so thankful for everything God's been doing and all the people He's allowed us to meet.

We're staying at a Youth Development Center for the Ahka hill tribe people with Pastor Luka and Pee Ghan and gosh, their hospitality is awesome ^^ we have such a beautiful view of the mountains and the sky is always in HD with the biggest white clouds and the kids, oh the kids. I love them so much T_T they're so welcoming and funny and athletic and kind and yes, I hope to get to know them even more during our 2.5 weeks here.

Quick recap, we usually play sports with them since they have basketball, soccer, volleyball, and ping pong, but yesterday, when we were all gathered for a program the power went out due to a freak thunderstorm. But we believe, it was God's doing because we got to bond with them so quickly in the dark. We had a few candles but we didn't need them much. We did random stuff like poke each other and run around, taught them the cup game, some english and korean terms, hand games, and we even got to see them bboy and sang one direction with them! This one guy knew the lyrics better than we did x) But I know it was a part of God's plan because as soon as we were done and going to sleep, the lights came back on! :)

I'm hoping to post some pictures soon, but in the meantime, thank you for reading and continually praying for us. All glory to HIM! <3

UPDATE: the next day- Saturday, we had our program since it was cancelled yesterday, and oh my gosh, it was SO GOOD! We praised with the kids and wow, they sang their hearts out! It was cool because they sang a lot of the same songs we knew like Blessed Be Your Name, I Could Sing of Your Love Forever, and Deep Down in my Heart in Thai. And get this...this is a shout out to my home church's youth group--In[2]Him, we sang One Way!!! Man I was going to tear up of happiness haha. It was so fun just jumping up and down and shouting praise songs with them. It felt just like my home retreat.

Anyway, I could go on about how God's presence is so great here and how His love keeps overflowing around us, but I'll end it for now :) hope you guys are pursuing Him daily and finding Him in all parts of your life ^^ lets keep doing kingdom work together family <3 peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment